STIGA Supreme Review
Ping Pong paddle Review: 4.4 stars out of 5
The STIGA Supreme Table tennis racket is a lightweight paddle that a caters to those making the move from casual to more serious play. It is well suited for a defensive player as it has a soft sponge and "Future" rubber that gives it good control. Some players may find this paddle too lightweight.
The Supreme is ITTF approved and therefore can be used for tournament play.
- Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket
- ITTF Approved Rubber for Tournament Play
- Features STIGA ACS for Control and Speed
- Performance Ratings- Speed: 90 Spin: 92 Control: 89 *6-Ply Extra Light Blade, Future Inverted Rubber, and 2mm Sponge
Balance and Overall Feel
The STIGA Supreme has STIGA's "Future" rubber that is glued to the super light-weight 6-ply blade in an inverted fashion - meaning the pimpled side of the rubber is glued to the rest of the paddle and smooth side is what contacts the ball. This rubber is a step down from the Premium grade rubber of more expensive STIGA rackets.
The Supreme is extremely lightweight. It weighs it at only 4.6 ounces and this is very noticeable for players that are used to heavier paddles.
The weight, sponge and rubber combination allow this paddle to really be ideal for chopping, backspin and service return as well as having excellent control. This makes it a really solid paddle for the defensive-minded player.
The STIGA Supreme Supreme is a good step up for players that want an affordable paddle that will compliment their defensive-minded play. It offers great control but lacks in power and speed. It is also too light to be a good offensive paddle.
- Great for pushing and service return
- Great control for chops and backspin
- Bad at generating power and speed
- Not ideal for loops/ top-spin strokes away from the table