Kettler Champ 3.0 Outdoor Table Review
Ping Pong table Review: 4.2 stars out of 5
The Kettler Champ 3.0 Outdoor is a high-end, German-engineered outdoor table tennis table that is built to last. The highlight of this table is the sealed aluminum non-glare top that is 100% waterpoof even in the most extreme conditions. This table is built to withstand harsh weather conditions while continuing to provide a great playing experience. The table also features a UV and fade-resistant topcoat and locking mechanisms that make storage and transport much easier. The Kettler Champ series also comes backed by the manufacturers 5-year warranty just in case.
- Tournament Lines are Smooth and Even with Playing Surface. Unique Water Based Paint and Topcoat are UV, Scratch and Fade Resistant / Certified True Tournament Bounce for Unmatched Quality and Performance
- All four edges of each top half internally supported by square aluminum tubing. All outer edges are protected and supported by a 1.5in aluminum apron. Apron design cradles table top to resist warping
- The Champ Series is easy to assemble and comes backed by the manufacturers 5-year warranty. Patented SAFETY-Track folding mechanism provides smooth and reliable folding. Patented Safety-Fold with Dual Lock Safety to prevent unintended opening or closing of table. Easy to Assemble.
- Includes: 4 x Kettler HALO 5.0 Outdoor Table Tennis Rackets, 2 x 6-pack of 3 Star Balls, and Kettler Premium Outdoor Table Tennis Cover. Table Tennis Table Dimensions: 108in L x 60in W x 30in H / Folded Dimensions: 26.25in W x 64.75in H x 72in L.
- Playing Surface: 7/8in Thick Absolutely Weatherproof Sealed Aluminum Composite Tournament Top with Proprietary ALU-TEC Climate-Control Underside that Controls Expansion and Contraction Due to Weather Changes
The quality of this table really shows in its construction. The table is built with high quality materials and put together with precision and attention to detail. This table has one of the best, most resilient tops of any outdoor table. It's made up of a 7/8 inch thick sealed aluminum composite that can stand up to the toughest weather conditions. The top is supported by a 1.5 inch thick aluminum apron that make sure the table top will not warp in any circumstance. The top is the official ITTF size of 9ft x 5ft.
The table also features patented locking mechanisms on the support beams to make sure the table is extra stable in storage mode (with both halves folded up), playback mode (with one half folded up) or regular play mode (with both halves folded down). The Champ 3.0 also features 2.5 inch swiveling transport wheels that each have individual locking capability. This makes moving it into place much easier than you'd expect of a table that weighs this much.
The construction of this table defintely top notch but it also offers some nice convenience features that are an added bonus. The table has an attached paddle and ball holder that fits seamlessly into the table's design. Also, the table fully supports playback mode where you can fold up one side of the table for warming up or solo play.
A great thing about the Champ 3.0 is that it also comes bundled with 4 Kettler HALO 5.0 Outdoor Table Tennis Rackets, 2 6-packs of 3 Star Balls, and a Kettler Premium Outdoor Table Tennis Cover. The rackets themselves are definitely not for competitive play but the great thing is they are built really well with materials that can withstand rain and high temperatures. The cover is also a great addition in that it adds that extra layer of protection for those storing this table outside. For recreational play, the Champ 3.0 comes with everything you need to start playing.
Just like other Kettler tables, some customers have reported that the initial assembly process is not the easiest. The assembly instructions could be much more straightforward, so it can take some time to the do the assembly yourself. There are resources available online that may offer a better assembly experience than the included instructions.
The Kettler Champ 3.0 is top quality outdoor table tennis table with german engineered components that will stand up to the harshest weather conditions. It has offers an extremely stable playing service and some nice convenience features that make it easier to move and store. Another added bonus is that it comes bundled with paddles, balls and a cover so you have everything you need to start playing. The assembly process can be a bit difficult but once it's set up, it's a high quality table from one of the industry leaders in table tennis.